Things today nave been quiet for the most part. Gavin is still spiking fevers despite the treatment. We are thinking at this point that he now may have moved into the MAS as his hemoglobin and platelets took another hard hit overnight despite the transfusion and his WBC are down to 1. He is still very irritable and just can't seem to get comfortable. At this point we are still trying to get negative cultures. Now that he has the femoral line we have to be concerned about growing bacteria or yeast in the new line. If he truly is experiencing the MAS and not infection we simply have to wait it out. We talked a little today about the possibility of giving him steroids to treat the MAS but the doctors are in agreement that it would be way to risky in view of his infection rate. Right now we will just support him with pain meds and blood products.
Thanks for all the comments and prayers. We appreciate you all!