We were able to come home yesterday evening after Gavin received his blood transfusion. His cultures never grew anything but that's not always a good thing. It's it much easier to treat if we know what we are treating. We all fear that this is the fungus messing with us. Sometimes in the early stages of fungal infection, at least for Gavin, it can be hard to grow on cultures and we just have to wait and see what happens. Gavin continues to retch and sometimes vomit his meds, so either his belly has further deteriorated or he is fighting a bug -- I'm hoping for the bug.
We talked about putting Gavin on the IV Ampho on a more permanent basis but it that happens we would have to accept the consequences like liver and kidney failure as well as a super bug that we would not be able to treat. The doc just kinda threw it out for us to think about.
At the end of November Dr. Schoffner from Atlanta will be coming to duPont and although he cannot actually see any of the patients he is willing to review Gavin's history and speak with us and make recommendations. Dr. S is well known in his study of Mito and Metabolic Disorders.
Thanks as always for praying for our family!