One of these days I wish I could post on this blog something new and amazing but I guess that will just have to wait. Cultures are still positive for all three bugs. The doc is not going to give the ampho locks long to work as Gavin is basically a ticking time bomb.
We had yet another meeting of the minds today -- this time with our main doc and the GI group. The GI team is at a loss of ideas as well. They mentioned trying to get compassionate release from the FDA of a popular motility drug that was taken off the market for cardiac complications. We'll see. They were thinking that at least that drug might help us to get medications into Gavin. I'm not sure if they are actually going to pursue this or not.
Gavin will be headed down stairs at some point in this stay for an echo and ekg just to check and see how his cardiac function is. The heart is yet another organ system that can be effected by his underlying issues, not to mention he has been hanging out with fungus near his heart for over two weeks.
Thanks so much for your prayers -- they make such a difference.