Things are looking a bit better today. Gavin temps are sill going up but they are also come down, which is a great sign. The plan for today is nothing! But tomorrow we are going down to ultrasound the get closer look at Gavin's liver and gallbladder, to see what the next step needs to be. We will then try to get a small bowel follow through done either Monday or Tuesday. Adam and I have tons of anxiety over this rather simple procedure because we know it is going to make Gavin very sick. His belly will have to be injected with a small amount of dye to be seen via fluoroscope go through his bowel. Since Gavin doesn't even tolerate his own secretions, he will most likely be left retching and vomiting -- something that just breaks our hearts. We were given a few tips from a wonderful mom who has "been there - done that," so hopefully these things will help Gavin. We are doing the small bowel follow through to see if another surgical type procedure is a possibility for Gavin. At this time we are choose not to give the details of this procedure until we decide if it is right for Gavin.
It's been a long weekend and we are looking forward to Monday, to get things moving again. We are so sad to see our doc go for a month but he really is only down the road at another hospital and can be reached it we need him. The other doc covering him is great it's just that we have a system with Dr. R that is very comfortable and convenient for us, meaning that we don't have to go through a lot of questioning when being admitted and we never have to give any information as He knows all of Gavin's information. But we'll sit tight, and it will be good to have a fresh set of eyes on the situation.
I'll try to update tomorrow after we hear the results of the ultrasound.