The good news is that at some point tonight we will get to pack up and get the heck out of here! The bad news is that yesterday's cultures both grew out gram negative rods. Because he doing better clinically and the antibiotic seems to be keeping things at bay we will go home and do daily blood cultures and see what happens. If he becomes symptomatic or the cultures stay positive we will have to return and have the line pulled.
Did I ever say how much I love Gavin's Doctor?
Gavin is getting one last blood transfusion right now. Platelets are still very low but seem to be holding steady and white count is down to 1.7 -- but he looks great! So home we go.
Thanks so much for your love and support. We are just so lucky to have the huge support network we have.