It's time -- Gavin central line must be removed. His culture are now growing in less than 12 hours, which is bad news. There is one bug in particular, which has us concerned. It's very resistant and we have yet to treat through an infection without having to pull Gavin's line. This bug has grown in our past three infections and comes back within one week of stopping antibiotics.
I guess things are getting a little scary again. We are still working on a plan. Gavin's doctor is trying everything to keep Gavin home where he needs to be. We are going to attempt to pull the line and place a possible PICC (if they can place it) and then let us go home with the antibiotics as well as locks in the line. If that plan doesn't work out we will be admitted and a femoral line will be placed and we will have to wait it out and hope that the femoral line does not grow before we get a new line in.
Thanks for the prayers.