Things are not going so well with Mr. Gavin today. It started this morning with lots of vomiting of rotten ostomy fluid. Then came the fever followed by the swelling. At some point today I got an message on my phone from Gavin's Doctor letting me know that Gavin probably has an infection as his hemoglobin took a major hit, so much that we will be headed down to the hospital first thing in the morning for blood. We are also going to check his IgG levels to see if we can give him some IVIg. He will probably need some lasix as well as albumin -- It will be a long day of infusions. Lets just hope we can get them all in with no reactions.
I am now waiting on Gavin's TPN delivery where I should find some Gentamycin and Levequin which I hope to run as soon as possible. Needless to say it has been very miserable today. He is still running a temp around 102, and swelling more and more. Lets hope the night is quiet and brings lots of pee pee.